Tangle Lakes/ MAN
The Tangle Lakes/ MAN prospect along the Denali Highway in Southcentral Alaska consists of about 100,000 acres of mining claims. Pure Nickel, a Canadian company with funding from the Japanese company ITOCHU, has conducted extensive explorations for nickel, copper, and platinum.
The project overlaps a section of the Tangle Lakes Archeological District and borders the Delta National Wild and Scenic River Corridor. Tangle Lakes is a popular recreation area used for hiking, paddling, fishing, dog mushing, birding, and sightseeing. Hunting and berry-picking have been family subsistence activities for many generations. The area is important wildlife habitat and includes wintering habitat of the Nelchina Caribou Herd.
- Sign on to Letter to the Legislature: http://www.akcomments.org/tanglelakes.html
- Sign-ons from businesses are essential, so if you own a business, you can sign on at: http://akcomments.org/businessesfortangle.html
- Save Tangle Lakes
- Pure Nickel, Inc.
- Ground Truth Trekking’s Tangle Lakes Page
- Northern Alaska Environmental Center’s Tangle Lakes Page
- Tangle Lakes Campaign Brochure from the Copper Country Alliance
- Backers Vow to Continue Decade-long Drive to Create Tangle Lakes Wildlife Refuge (KUAC )